ECRN asbl, the network of regions with a strong chemical industrial base, is recruiting a junior communication and project officer to support the Secretariat in Brussels. He/she would ideally start on the 1st of September 2022.
ECRN is an acknowledged European stakeholder representing the interests of chemical regions. ECRN facilitates policy exchange, advocates for the interests of the chemical regions and serves as a platform for European inter-regional cooperation in the field of the EU Industrial and Regional Policy, European Chemical Policy as well as EU policies concerning circular economy, bioeconomy, and SMEs.
The Junior communication and project officer will support the ECRN Secretariat in building a solid communication strategy and network’s visibility on social media in several priority areas related to the circular economy, the bioeconomy, plastics and recycling, and the energy transition. Moreover, the Junior communication and project officer will be involved in the implementation of the EU funded projects.
In this role she/he will:
- Monitor the abovementioned EU policy areas for the preparation of the monthly newsletter.
- Regularly update the ECRN website.
- Prepare the invitations and events banners.
- Monitor the cooperation and funding opportunities relevant to ECRN members.
- Support the work of the ECRN and the organization of internal meetings.
- Contribute to the organization of workshops and conferences.
- Collect inputs and support the preparation of statements and position papers in the fields mentioned above.
- Contribute to the ECRN project activities.
- Prepare the communication materials.
- Provide technical and administrative support to Secretariat and to the permanent bodies of the association.
- Prepare the meeting minutes and press releases.
- Regularly attend events in Brussels.
Profile and qualifications
- University degree in politics, EU studies, economics, law, or related relevant fields.
- 1 – 1,5 years of relevant work experience.
- General knowledge of EU policies and strategies related to the industry, circular economy, energy transition.
- Interest and ability to work on a variety of topics linked to the chemical industry
- Excellent research and analytical skills, able to collect, analyze and present information in a clear and concise way.
- Team-player, pro-active attitude, with sense of initiative and self-motivation.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external contacts, organizations, and institutions.
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken).
- Proved organizational skills.
- Very good computer skills.
- Working level of French.
- Work experience with local/regional governments or public sector partners.
- Work experience with the EU institutions.
- Experience with EU funded projects.
- Experience with MailChimp, WordPress, Canva.
Terms of employment
- The position is based on a full-time 6-month contract under Belgian law, with possibility of renewal.
- Working hours: 38 h/week.
- Working language: English.
- It is envisaged to contract the successful applicant ideally from the 1st of September 2022.
- Salary according to profile and experience.
- Dynamic and versatile work.
- A pleasant and international work environment.
- Ability to partially work remotely.
Applicants are kindly requested to submit a cover letter together with a CV by June 19th 2022 to the following e-mail address: [email protected].
Interviews to be held in the second half of June.
Applications shall be addressed to the Executive Director of the ECRN asbl.