ECRN’s Monika Banka has been invited to the SEFS (Science and Education for Society) Working Group meeting, taking place on Thursday 23 February 2023, on the “State of Play of the Pact of Skills and its regional dimension”. This first SEFS WG meeting will kick off the EU Year of Skills in the ERRIN network and is open to members of all Working Groups.
We discussed the state of play of this first flagship initiative of the new European Skills Agenda that is establishing both Large Scale Skills Partnerships for the European Industrial Ecosystems as well as Regional Skills Partnerships. ECRN focused on the regional dimension of the pact, Lombardy Region was also invited as a member of the Pact for Skills.
"Skills challenges don't stop at borders. We need a wider and solid mobilization, sit together and identify gaps and needs at different local levels."
In the agenda with us:
- Monika Banka, Network and Policy Coordinator of ECRN, Pioneering the Regional Skills Partnership: example of the European Chemical Regions Network
- Berwyn Davies, SEFS WG leader, opening of the meeting
- Miguel Fernandez Diez, European Commission DG Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion, Skills Agenda Unit (EMPL.B.2). Presentation on the Pact for Skills, where are we now?
- Irene Biundo (ECORYS), presentation on the Region Skills Partnerships under the Pact for Skills and drivers for regions to get involved
- Folco Ciulli, Lombardy Region responsible for industrial policies Lombardy Region, Pioneering the Regional Skills Partnership: example of the Lombardy Region