(JUNIOR) POLICY AND PROJECT OFFICER
ECRN asbl, the network of regions with a strong chemical industrial base, is recruiting a (junior) policy and project officer to support the Secretariat in Brussels. He/she would ideally start at the end of February 2020.
ECRN is an acknowledged European stakeholder representing the interests of chemical regions. ECRN facilitates policy exchange; advocates for the interests of the chemical regions and serves as a platform for European inter-regional cooperation in the field of the EU Industrial and Regional Policy, European Chemical Policy as well as EU policies concerning energy, climate, and SMEs. Furthermore, the network actively addresses the topics of Research and Innovation, Transport, Bio-economy, Circular Economy and Resource Efficiency in between the chemical industry.
The (junior) policy and project officer will be responsible to support the ECRN Secretariat in building collaboration between members in several priority areas related to industrial policy, bioeconomy, plastics and recycling and decarbonization, as well as in its advocacy work.
In this role he/she will:
- Monitor, analyze and report on EU policy developments in the above mentioned areas;
- report on cooperation opportunities to the ECRN members; promote relationships and cooperation amongst the members;
- support the work of the ECRN Working Groups and the organization of internal meetings
- contribute to the organization of knowledge exchange events such as workshops and conferences;
- collect inputs and support the preparation of statements/joint opinions and position papers in the fields mentioned above;
- contribute to the ECRN project activities
- contribute to the preparation of communication materials
- provide technical and administrative support to Secretariat and to the permanent bodies of the association;
- attend regularly events in Brussels;
Profile and qualifications
- university degree in politics, EU studies, economics, law, or related relevant fields;
- 1 – 1,5 years of relevant work experience;
- knowledge of EU policies and strategies related to regional development, industry, research and innovation and environment
- knowledge of the EU programmes and funding schemes, especially those related to European Territorial Cooperation and Research and Innovation
- interest and ability to work on a variety of topics linked to industrial and regional policy, bioeconomy and circular economy
- excellent research and analytical skills, able to collect, analyze and present information in a clear and concise way
- team-player, pro-active attitude, with sense of initiative and self-motivation
- ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external contacts; organizations and institutions
- fluent in English (both written and spoken)
- proved organizational skills
- very good computer skills
- working level of French
- work experience with local/regional governments or public sector partners
- experience with EU funded projects
- experience with MailChimp and WordPress
Terms of employment
- The position is based on a full-time 12-month contract under Belgian law, with a possibility of renewal;
- Working hours: 38 h/week
- Working language: English
- It is envisaged to contract the successful applicant as soon as possible, ideally from mid- end of February;
- Salary according to profile and experience
- Dynamic and versatile work
- A pleasant and international work environment
Applicants are kindly requested to submit a letter of motivation, explaining their suitability for the position, together with a CV in English by January 31th 2020 to the following e-mail address: [email protected]. Applications must be addressed to the ECRN Executive Director. Please include “JPPO – Name of applicant” in the subject line.
Interviews will be held in the first week of February. Be aware that applications are reviewed continuously.
Only candidates selected for the interview will be contacted – thank you for your understanding.